Monday 11 May 2009

A letter to my 16 year old self

I was relistening to The all american rejects earlier on, and a flood of memories of my 16- year old self came back to me. At the time, I loved Pop-rock and all that shiz and was seriously backward about the world. I look back now, and if i had the chance, I would say so much to that young 16-year old girl back then. So here's my letter to the 16-year old Wai Yin Chung.

Dear, 16 year old me,

Hi, I'm writing 3 years on from you right now. You're so carefree and so confident in yourself, and my first advice to you is that, don't lose that inner confidence, don't let a certain guy rock your confidence about who you are. Don't let people you don't know rock your confidence. I know it hurts, but you're so much better than that. Even if you don't do as well, it's not the end of the world. There are so many options. DO NOT TRY TO BE A DOCTOR. You weren't cut out for science, honey! Focus on your strengths, the humanities!

secondly, you know that guy you're dating? It won't last long, and you'll get bored easily, You're that kind of person and its okay to be like that. Furthermore, a 16 year old is not suppose to handle, school, work and a relationship. thats too much for one girl. You can dump him, just say it, don't keep living in blind hope! It won't happen. I can say this, you're a strong person, You'll hide your emotions for the first few weeks until you forget about it, don't dwell on it. He's not worth it. Don't hide from him afterwards either, He's a nice guy regardless.

Lastly, I'd like to say that, Life is what you make it, not your parents. Live a little, Don't hide in your shell. Life is for living.

I'll write again soon. x

No comments: